In September’s first blog, we discussed Pathway FIT, our program that uses 40 genetic markers to help our Beaty Facial Plastic Surgery patients lose weight. It does this by identifying the various markers and traits in a person’s DNA that influence how their bodies react to different foods and forms of exercise.
Pathway FIT is science-based weight management.
But that’s only part of the genetic testing story at Beaty. Dr. Laura Beaty also has created our Health Forward program. This uses comprehensive genetic testing to truly understand the health of our patients. Health Forward uses eight different genetic tests to generate extensive data to help Dr. Beaty create a health care plan unique to you. Patients don’t need to take all eight of the tests, but we do recommend a minimum of at least two of the eight tests to gather enough information to create your health plan.
All of these tests can be run using a simple blood draw. It typically takes 30 business days for us to receive the results of your tests. Here are the eight available Health Forward tests at Beaty.
- The Skin I’m In — Analyzes over 70 genetic markers associated with skin health. Best for determining measures needed for maintaining nutritional support and long-term skin health.
- Supplement Smorgasbord — Micro-nutrient testing used to evaluate the function of 35 nutritional components and immune response. Best for determining your best diet and supplement regimen.
- The Balancing Act — Hormonal testing. Best for determining the impact health, aging, mood, metabolism, and energy have on your body.
- The Path to Fitness — Utilizes over 75 genetic markers associated with diet and exercise. Best for determining what approach should be taken to achieve or maintain your ideal body weight and optimize physical performance.
- The Heart of the Matter — Risk assessment that evaluates markers to quantify your individual risk for developing heart disease or having a heart attack. Best for determining areas of risk even if you are on medication for high cholesterol.
- What Does Your Poo Say About You? — Comprehensive GI testing. Best for determining diversity of bacteria in the gut, as well as signs of infection. Best for managing irritable bowel syndrome.
- I Shouldn’t Have Eaten That — Food allergy and sensitivity testing. Best for determining how commonly eaten foods affect your gut health, physical performance, mood, and well-being.
- Aging Inside and Out — Telomere testing. Best for determining how you are aging on the inside as it relates to your biological age.
As mentioned above, we recommend patients take at least two of the above eight Health Forward tests. We offer 20% off a second test.